1. The Facilities:
The Privilege Marine shipyard enjoys a compelling location in Les Sables d’Olonne, France.
Not only is it an ideal facility for building and launching its premium line of catamarans but it is also the departure point of the famous Vendée Globe solo, around the world race.
This is the same location where the company was started by Philippe Jeantot (himself a solo circumnavigation champion) in 1985.
3. Working from the outside in. The fiberglass shop:
The hulls, decks and structural bulkheads are all infused sandwich with Vinylester based resins known for their anti osmosis properties.
- 5 Series deck mold is polished and waxed before the lay up begins.
- On the 5 Series the mold is first sprayed with gelcoat.
- This metal frame provides support and is then used to turn over the newly constructed deck.
- A newly completed deck being trimmed.
- Shop for small fiberglass components.
- 5 Series hull #21. This will be the first boat with the Phase 2 design changes.
- Deck in place and ready to be lifted on the the hull.